Bachelor of Science (2005), Nurse with Academic Certificate in Health of the Elderly from the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (2010), Doctor of Science, area of health care from the University of São Paulo, Brazil (2018). She has a diploma in Quality Management in Health, University of Chile (2012) and in Pedagogy in High Education, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (2013).
Current Academic Category:
Research activities and publications (last 5 years):
- Her line of research is child and community health, health management and nursing education.
- She has been awarded 2 research projects, one funded by the University (principal investigator) and one funded by the SoN (co-investigator).
- She is the author of 11 publications, one scientific article indexed in ISI/Scopus (co-author), one scientific article indexed in Scielo (as co-author), two indexed in other databases (as main author), two book chapters (as main author) and five Manuals and Clinical Guides (4 as main author).
Undergraduate and graduate teaching activities (last 5 years):
- She teaches undergraduate courses and coordinates courses in the area of nursing care in child health: “Nursing in Community Health II”, “Outpatient Nursing Internship”, “Nursing: Profession and Discipline”, “Nursing Care in Childhood and Adolescence”, “Nursing Care in the Vital Cycle” and “Prevention and Management of Accidents”.
- She is the coordinator of a teaching innovation project developed at the School of Nursing.
- In Continuing Education she is part of the teaching team of the diploma courses “Self-care and School Health” and “Diploma in Management and Leadership in Health Companies”; and in the courses “Improvement in the application of EEDP and TEPSI” and “Categorization of Hospitalized Users according to Risk and Dependence”.
Extension and outreach activities (last 5 years):
- She has 10 presentations in scientific events, 2 of them in international events.
- She is a member of the Scientific Society of Child and Adolescent Nursing; and founding member of the Scientific Society of Family and Community Nursing of Chile.
- She has been awarded 3 tenders from the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Social Development in the area of Child Development.
- In addition, she has participated in Technical Working Groups and in the formulation of Clinical Guidelines of the Ministry of Health.