Nurse-midwife Pontifica Universidad Católica de Chile (1996). She has a postgraduate degree in Methodology of Health Education (2001) and in Nursing in Mental Health and Psychiatry (2000) both at the University of Barcelona. Master in Psychology at the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (2015). In 2019, she begins her doctoral training in Sociology at the Universidad. Alberto Hurtado.
Current academic category:
Research activities and publications (last 5 years):
- Her research interests are Support for Self-Management of People with Chronic Health Conditions and Health Promotion. She has been awarded 8 research projects, 7 with national funding (as co-investigator) and 1 from the School of Medicine of the University of Chile (as co-investigator).
- She is co-author of 4 scientific publications, 2 of them indexed in ISI/Scopus, 1 indexed in Scielo and 1 indexed in other databases.
Undergraduate and graduate teaching activities (last 5 years):
- She teaches undergraduate courses and coordinates courses in the area of ambulatory and community nursing care: “Nursing Care of the Adult and Elderly”, “Nursing Intervention in Community Health”, “Nursing in Community Health I”, “Ambulatory Nursing Internship” and “Self-care of Health in which she has implemented teaching innovations from funded projects.
- She is a thesis guide for the Master in Nursing, the Master in Health Administration and the Master in Public Health of the UC.
- She participates in Master’s thesis evaluation commissions of the School of Nursing and is a member of the faculty of the Master’s in Nursing.
- She is a guest lecturer in undergraduate and graduate courses on topics related to her expertise.
Extension and outreach activities (last 5 years):
- She has given 10 presentations at scientific events (6 international).
- She has participated in the training of health professionals at national and international level, thus contributing to the implementation of the guidelines provided by WHO/PAHO for the implementation of the Chronic Care Model.
- She is a member of the “WHO/PAHO Collaborating Center for the Development of Health and Nursing Services for the Care of Non-Communicable Diseases” contributing to position the School of Nursing as a national and international reference in the care of people with chronic health conditions.
- She is a member of the team of the UC Family Caregivers program.
- She is a member of the Chilean Association of Nursing Education and the Chilean Society of Behavioral Medicine and Health Psychology.