Versión en español keyboard_arrow_right
Current Academic Category:
Professor of Philosophy and Bachelor’s degree in Philosophy from the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso (1997), Master in Ethics at the Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium (2010), Diploma in Complementary Studies in Sociology from the Université Catholique de Louvain and in Environmental Bioethics from the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaiso.
Current Academic Category:
Research activities and publications (last 5 years):
- Her line of research is the development of critical and reflective thinking and the ethical sense and ethics of care in health professionals and users.
- She has been awarded 6 research projects, two with national funding (one as principal investigator), two projects with UC funding (one as principal investigator), and two projects with SoN funding (co-investigator).
- She is the author of 22 publications, 11 are scientific articles indexed in ISI/Scopus (1 as main author), 6 are scientific articles indexed in Scielo (4 as main author), 4 are indexed in other databases (1 as main author).
Undergraduate, graduate and continuing education teaching activities (last 5 years):
- She teaches undergraduate courses and coordinates the course “Anthropological and Ethical Foundations of Nursing”.
- She is invited to teach classes or workshops in the courses “Nursing Care in the Vital Cycle”, “Nursing in Community Health II” and “Nursing Care of the adult in the intra and postoperative period”, about the ethical sense and respectful and dignified care of patients.
- She coordinated a teaching innovation project developed at the School of Nursing related to the development of critical thinking and ethical sense.
- She is the coordinator of the course “Ethics, Legislation and Health” of the Master’s program in Nursing and the course “Ethics and Professional Legislation in Nursing” of the specialist program of the School of Nursing.
- She participates as a guide and thesis reviewer for the Master’s in Bioethics and the Master’s in Nursing at EEUC.
- In continuing education teaching, she is academic coordinator and professor of the Diploma of Ethics in Research and is part of the team of professors of the Diploma of Fundamental and Clinical Bioethics.
Extension and outreach activities (last 5 years):
- She has 4 oral presentations in scientific events, two of them international.
- She is vice-president of the Scientific Ethical Committee of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities and permanent member of the Scientific Ethical Committee of Health, both belonging to the Vice-Rectory of Research of the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.