Versión en español keyboard_arrow_right
Current academic category:
Nurse-midwife Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (1992). Postgraduate training in Family and Couples Therapy at the Institute of Psychiatry and Psychology of Santiago (1999) and Master in Psychology at the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (2008), Diploma in Community Psychiatry at the University of Chile (2005) and in Family and Society at the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (2011).
Current academic category:
Research activities and publications (last 5 years):
- Her line of research is Participatory Health and Person Centered Care.
- She has been awarded 8 research projects, 7 as co-investigator (one with international funding, 3 with national funding, and 3 from the School of Nursing).
- She is the author of 28 publications, 17 are scientific articles indexed in ISI/Scopus (10 as main author), 7 in Scielo (4 as main author), and 4 indexed in other databases (1 as main author).
- She is co-author of two Technical Guidelines for the Ministry of Health.
- She is a member of the Research Commission of the School of Nursing.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Teaching Activities (last 5 years):
- She teaches undergraduate courses and coordinates courses in the area of family health and mental health nursing: “Interpersonal Assistance Process”, “Mental Health Nursing and Psychiatry I”, “Family Health Nursing”, ” Inpatient Nursing Internship”.
- She has coordinated and participated in teaching innovation projects from funded projects. In postgraduate studies, she is a thesis guide for the Master’s Degree in Nursing and the Master’s Degree in Public Health at the University of Cantabria.
- She participates in the Graduate Commission, Master’s thesis evaluation commissions of the School of Nursing and is a member of the Faculty of the Master’s Degree in Nursing.
- She is a guest lecturer in undergraduate and graduate courses on topics related to her expertise.
Extension and outreach activities (last 5 years):
- She has 12 presentations in scientific events (9 international).
- She has participated in the training of health professionals at the national level on topics related to the Comprehensive Model of Family and Community Health in force in the country, and has provided advice to the Ministry of Health on the same subject.
- She is a member of the Chilean Association of Nursing Education.
Management activities (last 5 years):
- From 2011 to date she is a member of the Executive Committee, Centro UC de la Familia UC. Between 2018 and 2021 she was Member Ethical-Scientific Committee UC Health of the Vice-Rectory of Research Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
- Between August 2019 and February 2020 she was Director (s) of Research and Doctoral School of Nursing and since March 2021 she is Head of the Department of Adult and Senescent Health of the School of Nursing.
- She is a member of the Academic Career Committee of the School of Nursing.