Versión en español keyboard_arrow_right
Current Academic Category:
Nurse-midwife, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (2000), Master in Nursing, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (2008) and Doctor in Nursing Sciences, Universidad de Navarra, Spain (2021). Diploma in Primary Care from the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (2006) and international certification in breastfeeding from the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (2020).
Current Academic Category:
Research activities and publications (last 5 years):
- Her line of research is Promotion of child and family health.
- She has been awarded 7 research projects, in 2 as principal investigator (3 with national funding and 4 from the School of Nursing).
- She is the author of 14 scientific publications, 5 of them indexed in ISI/Scopus (3 as main author), 5 scientific publications indexed in other databases (2 as main author).
- She is the main author of a Clinical Guide on Breastfeeding for the Ministry of Health and editor of a book on Breastfeeding and two book chapters (1 as main author).
Undergraduate and graduate teaching activities (last 5 years):
- She teaches undergraduate courses and coordinates courses in the area of family and community health nursing and the theoretical bases of nursing: “Nursing in Community Health I”, “Nursing in Profession and Discipline” and “Outpatient Nursing Internship”.
- She is a member of the Undergraduate Commission of the School of Nursing.
- She has participated in the team of two funded projects of innovation in teaching.
- In postgraduate studies, she teaches the Phenomenology course of the Master’s Degree in Nursing and is a thesis guide and reviewer.
- She participates in Master’s thesis evaluation commissions of the School of Nursing and is a member of the faculty of the Master’s Degree in Nursing.
- She is a guest lecturer in undergraduate and graduate courses on topics related to her expertise.
Extension and outreach activities (last 5 years):
- She has 4 presentations in international scientific events.
- She participates in the National Breastfeeding Commission of the Ministry of Health, in the Chilean Pediatric Society, in the Breastfeeding Committee of the Christus-UC Network Hospital and in the Chilean Association of Nursing Education.
Management activities (last 5 years):
- Between 2010-2014, she was Director of Undergraduate and between 2014 and 2018, she was Director of Extension and Continuing Education, both positions at the School of Nursing of the Pontificia Universidad Católica.
- She is a member of the Council of the UC School of Medicine and of the Academic Career Committee of the School of Nursing.