Nurse-midwife from Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (1992), Specialist in Childhood Oncology Nursing, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (1996), Master in Nursing from the School of Nursing (2010), she has 3 diplomas in childhood oncology, one from Universidad Diego Portales (2019) and two from Gabinete de Asesoramiento y Formación Sociosanitaria (GAFOS), Spain (2020). She is currently pursuing a PhD program in Nursing Science at the Andrés Bello University.
Current Academic Category:
Research activities and publications (last 5 years):
- Her line of research is pediatric oncology.
- She has been awarded 8 research projects, three with national funding (1 as principal investigator), one project with funding from the University (principal investigator) and two projects with funding from the School of Nursing (one as principal investigator).
- She is the author of 12 publications, 6 are scientific articles indexed in ISI/Scopus (4 as main author), 2 indexed in Scielo (as co-author), 3 indexed in other databases (2 as main author) and 1 book chapter as main author.
- She is a member of the Research Commission of the School of Nursing and member of the Editorial Committee of the Revista Chilena de Enfermería of the Universidad de Chile.
Undergraduate, graduate and continuing education teaching activities (last 5 years):
- She teaches undergraduate and coordinates courses in the area of pediatric nursing care in hospital contexts: “Nursing Care of the Child and Adolescent”, “Nursing Internship”, “Palliative Care”.
- At the postgraduate level, she is Coordinator of the specialty program “Care of the child with cancer” at the School of Nursing.
- She is a guiding professor and thesis reviewer for the Master’s program and a member of the Master’s faculty of the School of Nursing.
- In Continuing Education teaching, she is the Head Tutor of the Diploma Course “Nursing care of children and adolescents with cancer”.
Extension and outreach activities (last 5 years):
- She has 37 oral presentations in scientific events, 17 of them international.
- She is President of the Chilean Scientific Society of Child and Adolescent Nursing (SOCHENA), member of the Chilean Chapter of Palliative Care Nurses.
- She is a Member of the Beta Tau Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
- She is a founder of the National University Network of Integrative Medicine (REUNMI) of Chile.