Nurse academic certificate in Mental Health and Psychiatry from the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (2007), Doctor of Medicine from Cardiff University, United Kingdom (2012), Diploma in Bioethics (2008) and in University Teaching (2018) from the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
Current academic category:
Research activities and publications (last 5 years):
- Her line of research is participatory health and person-centered care.
- She has been awarded 15 research projects, one project with international funding (as co-investigator), 9 with national funding (5 as principal investigator), 3 projects with University funding (one as principal investigator) and two projects with School of Nursing funding (one as principal investigator).
- She is the author of 16 publications, 15 are scientific articles indexed in ISI/Scopus (in 5 as principal author), 1 indexed in Scielo (co-author).
- She presides the Research Commission of the School of Nursing.
Activities in undergraduate, graduate and continuing education teaching (last 5 years):
- She teaches undergraduate and coordinates courses in the area of mental health: “Interpersonal Helping Process” and “Mental Health and Psychiatry II and III” and guest lecturer in several courses of the undergraduate program.
- In the postgraduate program, she is the Coordinator of the Master’s Faculty of the School of Nursing, she is the head professor of the course “Thesis Project” of the Master’s Degree in Nursing.
- She is a professor guide and thesis reviewer for the Master’s Degree in Nursing and the Master’s Degree in Public Health at the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
- In Continuing Education teaching she is a professor of “Research Ethics”, “Evidence Based Medicine” and “Family Health and Primary Care”.
Extension and outreach activities (last 5 years):
- She has made 8 oral presentations at scientific events, 6 of them international.
- She is founder and director of the Latin American Network for Medical Shared Decision-Making and Patients’ Participation, member of the International Network for the development and evaluation of tools for decision making (IPDAS) and member of the Board of Directors of the International Society for Shared Decision Making, she contributed in the elaboration of the Salzburg Declaration for Shared Decision Making.
- She is a Member of the Beta Tau Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
- Member of the Health Scientific Ethical Committee of the Vice-Rectory of Research of the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (2014-2018).
- Director of Research and PhD of the School of Nursing (from 2018 to present).