Versión en español keyboard_arrow_right
Current academic category:
Nurse-midwife from Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (UC) (1981), specialist in Medical-Surgical Nursing UC (1983) and Master in Philosophy from Universidad de Los Andes (2007). In addition, she has a diploma in Clinical Ethics (1996), Philosophy (1999), Evidence Based Medicine (2008) and Systematic Reviews (2010).
Current academic category:
Research activities and publications (last 5 years):
- Her lines of research are Chronic Health Conditions and Ethical Aspects in Health.
- In this period, she has been awarded 3 research projects with national funding (2 as principal investigator and 1 as co-investigator).
- She is the author of 9 publications: 4 scientific articles indexed in ISI/Scopus (1 as principal author), 4 indexed in Scielo (as co-author) and 1 indexed in other databases (as co-author).
- In addition, she is co-author of 1 systematic review for The Cochrane Library.
- Undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing education teaching activities (last 5 years): She coordinates and teaches in the postgraduate course “Nursing of Adults with Renal Problems”.
- She teaches postgraduate courses in “Advanced Nursing Practice Based on Evidence” and “Ethics for Residents”.
- In addition, she is a guiding professor and thesis reviewer for the Master’s Degree in Nursing.
- In Continuing Education she coordinates the Diploma in Chronic Hemodialysis.
Extension and outreach activities (last 5 years):
- Member of the Commission for the Elaboration of the Clinical Practice Guide “Non-dialytic Medical Treatment of Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 4 and 5”, Ministry of Health (May to December 2018).
- Member of the Commission to reformulate Book V of the Sanitary Code, Ministry of Health (2019-2020); Deputy Director of the PAHO/WHO Collaborating Center for the Development of Health and Nursing Services, for Care in Non-Communicable Diseases of the UC School of Nursing (2014 and to date).
- Member of the Nursing and Midwifery group of Universitas 21 (2014 and to date), International Editor of the Journal Enfermería Nefrológica of the Spanish Association of Nursing (2010 and to date).
- Member of the Ethics Committee of the Chilean Society of Nephrology (2011-2020).
- Member of the Chilean Society of Dialysis and Renal Transplant Nursing (1983 and to date) and of the Chilean Association of Nursing Education (1992 and to date).
- She has 4 presentations in national scientific events.
- Director of the School of Nursing (2014-2022).
- Member of the Board of the DUOC UC Foundation (2013-2020), member of the Academic Council of DUOC UC Foundation (March 2021 and to date).
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Dolores Valdés de Covarrubias Rural Life Foundation of the P. Catholic University of Chile (November 2020 and to date).
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Rural Life Training Foundation of the P. Catholic University of Chile (November 2020 and to date).